SlapStick svetainė brūkštelėjo įrašą apie 10-uką smagiausių mūšių su bosais. Tačiau pasak įrašo autoriaus, mūšio sudėtingumas nevisada prilyginamas smagumui. Tai tėra asm. autoriaus požiūris į žaidimus, kuriuos jis yra geiminęs, tad su sąrašu galima nesutikti, tačiau ginčytis manau irgi neverta.
10. The Shredder – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Elexis Sinclaire (SiN)
Back in 1998, Elexis Sinclaire, sexiest CEO in the world and certifiable genius, first appeared to cause all sorts of problems for John Blade in the first-person shooter, SiN. Though she was wildly shapely then (those proportions just don’t exist in nature) she’s even more curvy and scantily clad now, courtesy of Valve’s Source engine. Really, she’s evil incarnate, but, man, does she ever fill out a bikini.
Face it: the Xbox 360 isn’t quite up to snuff. The design is flawed, leading to an abnormal number of machines konking out. Since Microsoft won’t reveal the details of what exactly is causing the problems, Japanese news source Nikkei had a thermal design expert analyze the 360′s heat radiation system. Two Xbox 360′s were used for the investigation: one purchased in 2005, and the other that was repaired in May 2007. Their findings?
- The temperature gap with room temp was 22 degrees C. „When designing consumer products, it is common to seek a temperature gap of around 10 degrees C between exhaust and room temperatures,“ the thermal design expert said. „The 22 degrees C is quite a large gap…“
- The cooling fan was half of desktop PCs — apparently to reduce noise.
- The expert pointed out, „The heat sink on the graphics LSI is so small, I wonder if it can really cool down the board.“ The reason for this? Apparently, Microsoft had to downsized graphics LSI heat sink so that the DVD drive could be placed above it.
- In five minutes after booting up a game, the graphic LSI heat sink temp rose to 70 degrees C. In 15 minutes, the temperature for the microprocessor heat sink stabilized at 58 degrees, but the graphics LSI heat sink reached 80 degrees C. If the room temperature was high (like 35 degrees C), the heat sink could possibly hit 100 degrees C. What’s more, if the vents were clogged with dust, the temperature could also increase.
- The console repaired in May 2007 did not have a new heat sink placed in it.
This is bad design. Really, really bad.
[ Tech-On! ]
In an interview with Peter Moore, EGM grilled him about when the next one would come out, and questions about if they’d drop the X360 like a box of rocks like they did with the 360. He said that they were going to support it “as long as it sold” which is BS, because the Xbox sold well into this year despite no producting after Oct. 2005.
At any rate, he stated the production team from the 360 is working on the next Xbox, and their looking into what kind of CPUs will be available on the market in 2011-2012…
A few of you might remember a while ago that I did an article on some upcoming video game movies. Well, because of its extreme popularity, I’ve decided to bring it back, but this time, I’m calling in some big guns on this. With me on this article is Alex Keen, the man who writes Videogames to Flix over at the most awesome spot for movie news on the net, JoBlo.com. So, what do we have for you to look at? Well, this time, there are 34 movies mentioned in the article, so be sure to enjoy!
Sony Pictures Entertainment vice chairman Yair Landau has confirmed that a Metal Gear Solid movie is official and will be coming to a theater near you. Question is, will it suck hard? And is Uwe Boll banned from the set? Lookie here:
„We’re working with the Metal Gear guys,“ Landau told GameSpot following his D.I.C.E. Summit keynote in Las Vegas. „It’s a very cinematic game, it really lends itself to movie-telling. But the question is, ‘How do you translate Snake’s experience into a full arc that conforms to what audiences expect on the large screen?’“
Landau also hinted the Metal Gear Solid movie may just be the beginning. „There are other games we are looking to develop,“ the executive said. „We’re working with one of my favorite producers right now on an idea for an EverQuest movie.“ The producer was apparently of such stature that Landau declined to name him. „I’ll let him disclose that,“ he said cryptically.
So is this a good idea? Video game to movie transitions don’t usually work out so well…
„They’re talking nonsense. It’s ridiculous to say that graphics don’t matter.“ Those are the words of Nvidia’s VP of content, Roy Taylor, in response to those that don’t believe graphics are important — Nintendo presumably included. Of course, since Nvidia and graphics technology are largely synonymous with each other, it would have been ludicrous to expect him to say anything else (Our chips totally don’t matter!) in his interview with Next Generation. „That’s like saying, ‘The quality of my TV screen doesn’t matter.’ Oh really? So then in that case, you can go watch 24 in black-and-white on a seven-inch screen.“